Ground Rugged Solutions
Airborne Rugged Solutions
Demo VideoClick here to watch the video
Rugged vehicle tracking system TRGPS-103
Rugged Vehicle Tracking System is a platform for vehicle location and tracking based on GPS positioning system. The device includes a GPS receiver, Quad Band GSM communication module and a processor managing the multiple events and algorithms supported by the system.
The GSM/GPRS-internet communication provides real time tracking, able to provide real time location and real time state of several vehicle signals.
Real Time Tracking
• The unit sends a string to the central office through GPRS in a programmable period between 10 seconds and 1 hour. This string contains the GPS location and the status of all the enabled signals in the vehicle.
• The unit can send an SMS message with the location and car status.
• If The unit detects a problem in the GPRS-internet communication, it automatically sends SMS to report the problem.
• The unit detects when the vehicle’s engine is off and slows the data sending rate. This is a feature for cost saving, sending less information through GPRS-Internet when it is
• Emergency alarm – The unit sends a message on: Pressing the Panic button, Fire alarm, Illegal vehicle opening, Accident.
• Towing – On detection of change of location without the engine being running an event is send both to the GPRS-internet, and an SMS.
• Speed and zone violation: When the maximum allowed speed is exceeded or a zone violation is detected, the unit sends a message.
• Power supply failure: The unit has an internal Lithium Ion battery (optional). When a failure in the vehicle supply voltage is detected, the unit sends a message. In this situation
the unit is supplied from the internal battery for a period of approx. 5 hours.
Technical specification GPS Receiver
- SiRFstarIII GPS Receiver
- High sensitivity for indoor fixes
- Fast TTFF’s at low signal levels
- Hot start <2 sec
- 200.000+ effective correlators
- 20 Channel GPS
- GPS L1 (1575.42 MHz)
- NMEA Protocol
- Operating frequencies:
- GSM 850/900: class 4 (2W peak
- -107dbm sensitivity
- 140 x 80 x 30 mm
- 7 to 36 Volts.
- Internal Lithium Ion backup battery for up to 5 hrs. of normal functionality.
- Between 30 to 200 mA, depending on the communication mode and the environment conditions.
- Working temperature: -10 to 55ºC
- Storage temperature: -30 to 85ºC